U-Boot (Universal Boot loader) is the "Bios" installed on our boards.
If no operating system is required for your application, U-Boot can be used as your development base.
U-Boot is open source (GPL) with no royalties and benefits from a large and extremely active community of developers.
U-Boot's main tasks
- Initialisation of hardware and more especially the memory controller
- Passing of start-up parameters to the Linux kernel
- Execution of the Linux kernel
U-Boot also enables :
- Reading and writing to various parts of memory
- Loading of binary images into RAM via a serial cable, ethernet or USB
- Copying of binary images from RAM to Flash
- Programming the FPGA