The APF6_SP is a reduced size single board computer running Linux and benefiting from impressive performances. The SP (Signal Processing) extension to the board's name indicates that this card is dedicated to embedded Linux systems requiring signal processing features.
The APF6_SP is easily integrated into an embedded system. It is fitted with an i.MX6 (ARM® Cortex™-A9) processor (up to 1GHz), with 1, 2 or 4 ARM cores; a Cyclone V GX FPGA from Altera; 512 MB to 2 GB DDR3 RAM; 2 to 64 GB eMMC; a Gigabit Ethernet port; 1 USB2.0 high speed port including PHY; and one USB OTG port including PHY.
Depending on configuration: the APF6_SP can have Wi-Fi wireless functionality (b/g/n) and Bluetooth 4.
Note: no external debugger (BDI, JTAG) is required. When it is used with the APF6_Dev board, a simple USB wire is enough for "low-cost" development. A Linux debugger is available (GDB).
Available Processor/RAM/eMMc/Wireless/FPGA configurations
- i.MX6 Single A9 @ 1GHz (S option), Cyclone V 5CGXC4 FPGA, 512 MB DDR3, 4 GB eMMC 8bits (MLC type), 0..+70°C temperature range (1)
- i.MX6 Dual A9 @ 1GHz (D option), Cyclone V 5CGXC4 FPGA with 384MB of dedicated RAM, 1 GB DDR3, 4 GB eMMC 8bits (MLC type), with Wi-Fi b/g/n & Bluetooth 4.0, 0..+70°C temperature range (1)
- i.MX6 Dual A9 @ 1GHz (D option), Cyclone V 5CGXCx (2) FPGA with 384MB of dedicated RAM, 1 GB DDR3, 4 GB eMMC 8bits (MLC type), with Wi-Fi b/g/n & Bluetooth 4.0, -40..+85°C temperature range (1)
- Altera Cyclone V GX (C4/C5/C7/C9) FPGA
- optional RAM dedicated to the FPGA: up to 768 MB 24bit DDR3
- 512 MB to 1GB DDR3 32bits @ 800MBps (S and DL core option)(3)
- 512 MB to 2GB DDR3 64bits @ 1066MBps (D and Q core option)(3)
- 2 GB to 64 GB eMMC 8bits (MLC type)(3)
- 1 x SATA II (3Gbps) controller(4)
- up to 5 x UART (one for debug)
- up to 3 x MMC/SD port
- up to 3 x I2C
- up to 5 x SPI
- up to 4 x PWM
- up to 1 x SPDIF
- up to 2 x CAN controllers
- up to 2 x Audio port
- 1 x USB OTG Hi-Speed
- 1 x USB Host (Hi-Speed)
- 1 x 10/100/1000M bits Ethernet
- 1 x LCD controller 24bits parallel and LVDS interfaces resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz and a HMDI controller
- 1 x high speed MIPI Camera interface
- up to 83 x General Purpose IOs (3.3V compatible)
- JTAG (Debug (ICE) and test)
- USB OTG high speed (1x)
- USB Host high speed (1x)
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbits autoMDX
- Single power supply +3.3VDC 5%
- Cooling : None for Solo. Passive cooling for Dual and Quad core
- Operating temperature range: 0°C..70°C * (-40 to +85°C in option (3))
- Storage temperature range: -20°C..+85°C
- Humidity 5-90%
- Dimensions: 90 mm x 50 mm ( 3.54” x 1.97” )
- Connectors: 2 x Hirose 120 pins fine pitch (0.6 mm). Ref: FX8-120P-SV1(21)
- Connectors: 1 x Hirose 140 pins fine pitch (0.6 mm). Ref: FX8-140P-SV1 dedicated to FPGA; pins organization compatible with the HSMC standard
The boards are shipped with pre-installed U-Boot and Linux .
(1) Wi-Fi + Bluetooth can be added/removed from standard configuration on demand for volumes (>100 pces)
(2)FPGA C4 to C9 on request (for post-mounting); contact us
(3) Configuration available only on demand for volumes (>100 pces)
(4) Available on i.MX6 dual and quad only (D and Q options).
(5) Not all peripherals can be simultaneously active due to pin sharing. Please check the i.MX6 documentation for details.